Monday, October 21, 2013

Heart Surgery.....TIMES two... in 24 hours!

This afternoon, I watched something absolutely beautiful happen.  I write that sentence and then I keep writing and before I know it I delete everything.  And the sentence that keeps coming is the very one that starts this particular blog entry.  This afternoon, I watched something absolutely beautiful happen.  And then, I am not sure how I should continue.  I am still processing.  Still taking it in.  Today, I met a little girl named Gina.  This little girl is VERY sick.   I have had the honor of being present with many people as they breathed their last breath. I would say that those moments have been some of the most humbling experiences of my life... a gift without measure. I've bathed, medicated, turned, and whispered His messages of hope, love, and life into the ears of individuals struggling to take in a simple breath.  Death is not new to me.  And yet, my flesh struggled today.  I sat on a bed rubbing the head of a six year old girl that, without immediate medical care, would undoubtably die.  I mean DIE.  This little girl isn't sick from cancer  or some other terminal disease.  She has a disease that with medical care, is survivable. Her bill was racked up at the hospital and so in fear, her mom didn't bring her back.  Her palms are nearly as white as paper and her little legs are so swollen.  Two large pressure ulcers the diameter of golf balls on her hips.  As a clinic, we watched as God directed His children to give financially.  We surrounded this little girl and her mom.  We sat and we prayed.  And I watched as Jesus led and prompted.  He wanted his baby girl to know that she was not alone and that He was WITH her.  She prayed with a voice barely audible asking Jesus into her heart.  This was the sweet connection between Jesus and His daughter.  And those of us in that room had the humbling opportunity to watch. And watch we did.  And it was beautiful.  Absolutely beautiful.  Even in the pulling of the flesh... the seemingly unfairness of it all... the questions... the pain.... Jesus was right there.  He was performing a Heart Tranplant in the sick bay of a small clinic in Uganda all the while ensuring that His attendants stood up.  Because in Him, we can stand strong.  I can stand strong.  I don't understand why this girl is so sick or why to a million other questions... but what I do know is that My Jesus is REAL and He is ACTIVE and HE IS ABSOLUTELY PRESENT in this world.  Gina may die a physical death, but I can assure you that today she had Life breathed into her.  She left headed to the hospital.  To get medical care.  And I pray Jesus heals her physically.  But either way, I choose to rest... because He's got His little girl.  Here or there, He's got her.  And He's got me.  And that's beautiful.  In a deep sorta way.  

And without having much time at all to process sweet Gina.... 

I got a call at 7:15 PM tonight letting me know that sweet Adong Betty will be having surgery in the morning!!! This is GREAT and EXCITING news... and it comes with a request for a lot of prayer.  The hospital called someone earlier today requesting that Betty come to the hospital by this evening.  The only hiccup in the situation was that the message didn't get passed along and Betty lives about a 10 hour journey from the hospital.  And so the adventure for this little girl continues.  I'll be leaving at 5 in the morning to meet her at the hospital and be with her as she goes in for surgery, comes out, and recovers in the hospital.  I ask you to join me in praying for this little girl and for ALL the details.  And God-willing less than 15 hours from right now, her heart will be repaired.  

I'll keep you all posted.  Trusting that I will be able to get a message out tomorrow night... if not, I will get one out as soon as I can.  

Isaiah 43:1-3a

But now thus says the Lord, he who created you o Jacob, he who formed you, o Israel; Fear not for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.  When you walk through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through the fire you shall not be burned and the flames shall not consume you.  For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. 


If anything that I said in this post (or any) left you with questions/comments... please let me know.  My intent is to be real on here... but part of sharing in the rawness is not always saying things smoothly  I am so up for clarifying and/or dialoguing on anything that I have said.  

Kimberly 


No comments:

Post a Comment