Wednesday, May 27, 2015

As we say here.  The time is R.U.N.N.I.N.G.  It has been nearly one month since I boarded a plane and began the journey back to Uganda.  And here I sit nearly one month later.  Sitting at the consultation desk listening to the mop hitting the bucket and water splashing around as the clinic is cleaned.  Music is coming up through the speakers of my computer.  The day is still young and I am embracing the quietness of these moments.  Soon, I anticipate that the floor will be muddied by the footprints of those needing assistance.  It rained early this morning and the ground is damp with moisture.  And even as I type this, the rain is pattering on the roof.  A light patter.  But a patter nonetheless.  

In so many ways, it has been SO good to be back.   And in between the SO are bits of transition, bits of hardness, bits of knowing that I have to depend on my Jesus.  And He has been so sweet to me.  One of the things that the Lord really impressed upon my heart was the need to have margin in my life.   
I wrote about it a few months ago.  My eyes had come upon it when I was reading a book.  

"Margin is a powerful concept.  It creates opportunities.  For businesses, margin is one of the top priorities.  Margin in business creates profits.  Margin in family creates memories.  Margin in our personal finances creates generosity.  Margin in our friendships creates significance and impact.  Margin in our lives overall creates options.  Options to pursue dreams, think, pray, relax, meditate, process, grow, and ultimately live life more fully." Brad Lomenick

It was so impressionable when I read it the first time.  It has been impressionable still to this day. 
A convicting salve to a heart that had been running at a cheetah's pace for entirely way too long.  
And not necessarily in a good way.  The pace had left little room for... well the extra's of life.  
I knew coming back the pace He had showed me needed to remain.  
To be honest, I was a bit fearful about what that would look like coming back.  

My heart was convicted... but I wondered how long before the pulls and needs of life would drown out His convictions in my heart.  I knew I wasn't victim to the risk... to the threat.   I had a choice in each moment.  One that required attentive dedication, commitment, and obedience.










And it has been so sweet to see Him create margin in my life.  Almost every morning, I wake up and go out for a walk.  A walk near the secondary school and a jaunt down to the farm.  It's an opportunity to chat with my Jesus and to absorb the absolute beauty of His creation.  The view is breathtaking.  Absolutely breathtaking.  

And the days have been as He has ordained.  

Sweet moments of being with my family group.    We have been learning songs together.  Yours truly has been singing with them.  I only chuckle because my voice isn't necessarily solo quality, but the quality of our time singing together has been really neat.  

Moments of putting cool washcloths on the foreheads and backs of sweet children and adults burning with fever.  

Walking and laughing and walking some more.  Lots of walking.   

Pauses to watch the ants carefully walking up stalks of grass... or meticulously cross the path.    



Slashing and clearing the land around Wizeye's grave.  Doing so with dear friends who knew and loved him.  
Welcoming his momma and son over for an impromptu breakfast and tea.  
So so good to see her.  

Drives into Kampala.  Avoiding motorcycles and bicyclists.  Trusting (and praying) you will reach your destination. Watching God lead and trusting Him for the big requests of my heart.  

listening to lungs, cleaning wounds, and peering into ear canals.  

Peering into the screen and seeing loved ones on the other side of the ocean.   

Yep, these are just a few of the moments.  

Good and Hard.  Big and Little.  All important.  

Embracing what He has for me.  Embracing the margin.  Embracing His sweetness and care for me.  






No comments:

Post a Comment